As agreed with one of the markers, the data has been taken from the author’s own collection and six kml files have been used (rather than from an earlier IT & GIS assignment and ‘three’ respectively).
In order to create the application the author has produced the following…
- The MSc webpage, written in html
- The IT & GIS WebGIS Background sub-webpage, written in html (this page)
- The IT & GIS WebGIS Technical sub-webpage, written in html
- An MSc entry and subpage-reveal on roll-over in the menu above
- Embedded use of the Google Maps API Family, specifically the Google Earth API
…note that this website already existed prior to the production of the above – the website has been built using the opensource blogging and CMS platform WordPress and as such utlilises .php and .css. Prior to the production of the above application the author had chosen a theme for the site to provide the text styles, including fonts and colours.
See IT & GIS WebGIS Technical for more.